Sinodun contributing to
Welcome to the DNS Privacy project home page
(specifically DNS-over-TLS) which is headed up by Verisign Labs. This project is aimed at providing support for TLS protected DNS in a range of nameserver implementations including:
the home of a collaborative open project to promote, implement and deploy DNS Privacy. The goals of this project
QUICK START GUIDE
Implementation status: See the current status of DNS-over-TLS implementations in various DNS softwareClients: See details of what client software is available to test DNS-over-TLS
- Raising awareness of the issue of DNS Privacy
- Empowering users to take advantage of DNS Privacy tools and resources (client applications, DNS Privacy resolvers)
- Evolving the DNS to support DNS Privacy in particular developing new DNS Protocol standards
- Working towards full support for DNS Privacy in a range of Open Source DNS implementations including: getdns, Unbound, NSD, BIND and Knot (Auth and Resolver)
- Co-ordinating deployment of DNS Privacy services and documenting operational practices
Current contributors to this project include Sinodun IT, NLnet Labs SalesForce and No Mountain Software.
QUICK START GUIDES
test servers configured to support DNS
FOR END USERS
- What is the problem? Read up on why DNS Privacy is an issue.
- Clients: Meet 'Stubby' - a experimental DNS Privacy stub resolver for use on client machines.
- Test servers: See information on the current list of
- DNS Privacy test servers available
demo video: Watch a short video demonstrating TCP connection re-use, pipelining, TCP Fast Open and DNS-over-TLS
Catch up with our progress on the DNS-over-TLS Blog
A list of useful Internet Drafts and technical reports is available here.
For a list of current drafts and RFCs and other relevant material see the Reference Material page.
See here for more details of the project plan for Sinodun's contribution to DNS-over-TLS
Various pages on project and implementation related issues:
To see our active development issues see our DNS-over-TLS development issue tracker
Support issues can be entered in the support issue tracker.
- server: Guides on TLS proxies and key management
- COMING SOON: Guidance on data handling on DNS Privacy servers
|DNS Privacy - Ongoing Work|
|DNS Privacy - Ongoing Work|
Overview of DNS Privacy Status
High level overview of ongoing work on DNS Privacy with monthly updates
DPRIVE Working Group
Catch up with the latest standards being developed to support DNS Privacy: DPRIVE Working group
For a list of useful RFCs, Internet Drafts and presentations see the Reference Material page.
Thanks to NLnet Foundation for a donation to support DNS Privacy work.
Thanks for past support from Verisign Labs.
Sinodun are currently hosting this site until it moves to dnsprivacy.org
If you are interested in contributing to the project please contact: